Travel on the famous Glacier Express, one of Switzerland’s best scenic train rides across the Alps. Try this package if you are short of time but would still like to experience this famous train journey. The journey between Chur and Brig over the 2,033m high Oberalp Pass takes around 4 ½ hours.
From Chur to Brig
Switzerland's oldest city
The garden of the Stockalper Castle
Itinerary – Taste of Glacier Express
Discover the unique charm of Switzerland’s oldest city. Explore the winding streets and historic buildings of this car-free Alpine setting. Overnight in Chur
Board the world’s slowest express train and witness spectacular scenery from your panoramic carriage. Via Brig travel onward to the Canton of Vaud from your overnight stay in Montreux on beautiful Lake Geneva.
Morning at leisure. In the afternoon depart for Zürich.
A short break on this famous scenic rail route.
From Prices per Person in £
Daily Departures (except 14 Oct – 10 Dec)
- Return flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 2 nights’ accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Seat reservation on Glacier Express
- Digital Swiss Coupon Pass
- Souvenir gift
- Travel documentation