This round trip around Lake Lucerne provides fantastic views of the valley, the surrounding hills and the lake. You wander past alpine meadows, steep cliffs and placid mountain lakes. Mountain inns invite you inside to recharge, while mountain railways make sure that the more strenuous uphill and downhill sections do not get excessive.
A beautiful town on the shores of Lake Lucerne
Queen of the mountains
Itinerary – Lake Lucerne Trail
Air or rail travel to Switzerland and rail transfer to Lucerne. Afternoon at leisure in Lucerne.
After breakfast leave Luzern crossing the ‘Horwer peninsula’ to continue towards the foot of Mount Pilatus. Along the way you will need to cross the Renggpass and cover an altitude difference of 950m. Hiking time: 6h30. Overnight in Alpnachstad.
Take the postal bus to Dallenwil and continue by cable car to Niederrickenbach. From here follow the ‘Wildlife Observation’ path along the mountain ridge to the cable car station of Niderbauen. Cable car down to Emmetten. Hiking time: 5h30. Overnight in Emmetten.
Walk down to the lake shore and through a cooling gorge to the lake Urnersee. Along the lakeshore to Risleten and ascent through the Risleten gorge following the historic path to Rütli. Take the boat across the lake to Brunnen. Hiking time: 3h. Overnight in Brunnen.
By cable car to Urmiberg. Mount Rigi, Queen of the Mountains, is a hiker‘s dream. The section from Urmiberg via Scheidegg to Kaltbad is a hike that can only be described with superlatives. Unmatched views, at times over four lakes, are guaranteed. Hiking time 4h30. Overnight in Rigi Kaltbad.
On a sunny day and at an altitude of 1,800m Mount Rigi is an attractive destination for day trippers and many people will join you on the ascent from Kaltbad to Rigi Kulm. Continue down via Seebodenalp to Küssnacht. Hiking time 4h30. Short train journey to Lucerne. Overnight in Lucerne.
Enjoy a morning in Lucerne, exploring this beautiful town on the shores of Lake Lucerne. Rail transfer to border or airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: 5 May – 15 October 2018
Standard 3* Hotels
- Grade B-C: intermediate-advanced
- Start / End: Lucerne
- Terrain: Lakeside, forest path, alpine meadows, partly above tree line
- Accommodation: 3-star Hotels
- Meals: Breakfast
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Return flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd class incl. half-fare card
- 7 nights’ accommodation in 3-star category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Hikes and Walks as per itinerary
- Cable car, bus and boat tickets as per itinerary
- Travel documentation
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Comprehensive tour documentation
- Digital Swiss Coupon Pass
- English speaking helpline and support throughout hiking days