This walking holiday encompasses one of the most loved areas of Switzerland – the Jungfrau region. Enjoy amazing views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau peaks as you wind your way along the well-marked walking paths of the area. One the highlights of the tour will be the cable-car ride from Mürren to the Schilthorn, at 2,970 metres.
Charming, authentic Swiss village
In the footsteps of James Bond
Home of the spectacular Eiger Mountain
Itinerary – Jungfrau Region Hiking Tour
Day 1 & 2
Air or rail travel to Switzerland. Rail transfer to Grindelwald. A full day to explore the walking area at your leisure. Overnight in Grindelwald.
Hike from Grindelwald over the ‘Männlichen’ and/or Kleine Scheidegg to the village of Wengen. There are magnificent views of the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau along the way. Hiking time 5.5hrs, or 3.5hrs using local train/cable-ways for part of the route. Overnight Wengen.
Day 4 & 5
Soak up the picturesque scenery, and enjoy some easy walks round the village. Be sure to spend some time enjoying coffee and cake in one of the charming cafes, and explore the quaint shops of Wengen. Or relax in the hotel’s pool and spa. Overnight Wengen.
Today you will hike from Wengen to Mürren, via Lauterbrunnen, where you have the opportunity to see the Staubbach waterfall, which, at 297 metres, is the longest in Switzerland. (cable-car ride to Schilthorn included on this day for guests on the 5 day tour). Hiking time 4.5hrs, or 2 hrs using local train/cable-ways for part of the route. Overnight Mürren.
Explore this lovely authentic Swiss village, surrounded by excellent walking paths, and take the included cable-car ride to the Schilthorn for amazing panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Visit the BOND WORLD exhibition, and visit the revolving restaurant ‘Piz Gloria’. Overnight Mürren.
Rail transfer to the border or airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: 2 June – 30 September 2019
8 Days: Saturdays / 5 Days: Sundays
Standard Room, half board
Standard Room with balcony, half board
5 Days, Double Room
5 Days, Single Room
8 Days, Double Room
8 Days, Single Room
Upgrade to 1st class rail
- Grade B: intermediate
- Average walking time: 2-5.5 hrs on the transfer days from Grindelwald to Wengen and Wengen to Mürren. Own choice on other days.
- Start / End: Grindelwald/Mürren
- Terrain: Partly high alpine, meadows, valleys, some steep mountain slopes above and below the tree line.
- Accommodation: 4 star Sunstar Hotels in Grindelwald and Wengen. 4 star Hotel Eiger in Mürren.
- Meals: Half board (breakfast and dinner)
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Local Transport: Days 3 & 6 – to be paid on the spot if required
- Return flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd class incl. half-fare card
- 4 or 7 nights’ accommodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast and 4 course dinner
- Welcome drink at first hotel
- Use of hotel pools, steam room and sauna
- Return cablecar ride from Mürren to Schilthorn (additional trains/cable-ways payable locally if required)
- Local taxes
- Hikes and walks as per itinerary
- Hiking map
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Digital Swiss Coupon Pass
- Travel documentation