From your base in the historic old town of Chur in Eastern Switzerland embark on a fantastic day excursion on one of the highest and most scenic rail journeys in the Alps – the Bernina Express. Awarded UNESCO World Heritage status this rail route will let you admire masterpieces of engineering as well as stunning views of mighty glaciers, rushing mountain streams and flower filled meadows. Days at leisure offer opportunities to explore Switzerland’s oldest town or further afield.
A historic old town
The Circular-Viaduct Brusio
A short trip to Italy
Explore Davos Dischma Valley
Itinerary – Journey on the Bernina Express
Arrival in Switzerland and transfer to Chur. The capital of Graubünden is said to be the oldest town in Switzerland and charms visitors with its mountain setting, twisting alleys and historic buildings. Time to explore.
Board the narrow-gauge Bernina Express at Chur for a breath-taking journey over viaducts and snow covered passes, past glaciers and palm trees. From Tirano return by train to Chur.
Day at leisure. Optional excursions include a 1 hour horse draw carriage ride in the Davos Dischma Valley. Or, if travelling in June, experience the new open air panoramic trains journeying between Chur and Arosa.
After breakfast departure towards Zürich.
From Prices per Person in £
Daily departures April – June 2018.
- Return flights from the UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- 2nd class rail travel throughout & half fare card
- Stay 3 nights for the price of 2 at the 4* Romantik Hotel Stern in Chur
- Daily breakfast
- Free wifi
- Bernina Express day excursion with free first class upgrade in Apr & May (subject to availability)
- Local taxes
- Digital Swiss Coupon Pass
- Travel documentation