The very beginning of the Via Jacobi, this historic pilgrimage route takes you from lake to lake with views of stunning architecture, to the ‘city of roses’ and the famous monastery in Einsiedeln.
Itinerary – Hiking Via Jacobi
Air or rail travel to Zurich with meet and greet by a representative and taken to Regensdorf-Zurich.
Transfer to Kreuzlingen for your first day’s hike. From the border with Germany, your route takes you southwest through rolling green fields to the small traditional town of Munchwilen. Overnight here.
Your morning departure from Munchwilen snakes down through the lush Alpine scenery of St. Gallen, following the trail pilgirms took centuries before. Overnight in Steg.
Depart Steg this morning to continue your route, this time towards the ‘city of roses’ – Rapperswil, on the banks of Lake Zurich. An overnight in Rapperswil allows you time to explore the town.
Your final day’s hike takes you around Lake Zurich itself to the lovely traditional town of Einsiedeln. The famous monastery in the town square is the landmark for the last night of your tour.
Transfer to Zurich. Depart Zurich.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: Daily 01 April – 30 October 2017
sharing twin/double room
- Grade B: Intermediate
- Average walking time: 5h – 7h
- Start / End: Kreuzlingen / Einsiedeln
- Terrain: Below tree line, forests and along streams
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Accommodation: 3-star Hotels, with shower or bath, WC, TV, Radio, Phone
- Return flights in economy class from major UK airport
- 5 overnights as per itinerary
- Breakfast, hikes and walks as per itinerary
- Allround Service including ‘Meet and Greet’ at the airport
- Tour briefing
- Transfer to start/end of trail
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Comprehensive tour documentations
- English speaking helpline and support throughout