This officially sign-posted trail is an international hiking route leading from Trieste via Switzerland to Monaco. Our tour incorporates one of the most attractive sections: In six stages you hike through the Bernese Oberland taking in highlights such as being face to face with Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau and the unforgettable setting of lake Öschinenesee above Kandersteg.
The bernese idyll is awaiting you
Eye to eye with the Eiger North Face
Your endurance will be rewarded
Enchant yourself by the charming chalets
Itinerary – Hiking – Via Alpina
Air or rail travel to Zürich. Pick-up by representative and overnight stay in Regensdorf near Zürich.
Briefing in Regensdorf and transfer to the start of the Via Alpina Hiking Tour. Visit the stunning Rosenlaui glacier gorge before starting your hike to Grindelwald. Spectacular views of the three world famous giants – Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau await you. Hiking time: 5h30. Overnight in Grindelwald.
Train from Grindelwald to Alpiglen. Kleine Scheidegg at the foot of the Eiger north face is an impressive entrance into the world of the magnificent high Alps. Continue down towards Wengen. Hiking time: 4h*. Overnight in Wengen*.
*Hostel accommodation: Hiking time 1h more, overnight in Lauterbrunnen.
Depart by train from Wengen via Lauterbrunnen to Mürren. From Mürren start this truly spectacular section into the high Alps. Hiking time 6h30. Overnight in Griesalp.
From the remote alpine hamlet of Griesalp you continue on the Via Alpina over the Hohtürli at 2, 778m. Follow the route over glacial moraines to the deep blue lake ‘Öschinensee‘ Cable car down to Kandersteg. Hiking time 6h45. Overnight in Kandersteg.
Cable car from Kandersteg to Allmenalp. Leave the traditional wooden chalets of Kandersteg behind to cross over flower filled alpine pastures towards the rock walls of the Lohner. Look out for some chamois here. Some steep sections follow before you reach the high point Bunderchrinde which offers magnificent views. Overnight in Adelboden.
Today starts with a gentle climb along the stream Glisbach, through forest and moorland. Continue over the Hahnenmoospass (1,956m) then down to Lenk. Lenk is set in the Simmen valley with spectacular waterfalls and the Wildstrubel massif as a backdrop. Hiking time: 5h30. Overnight in Lenk.
Pick-up from hotel and transfer to Zürich airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: Daily from 01 June – 30 September
twin/double room in 3-star hotels
single room in 3-star hotels
shared accommodation in hostels
- Grade B: intermediate
- Average walking time: 5 – 6h
- Start / End: Rosenlaui / Lenk
- Terrain: Mainly high alpine, mountain hiking trails, mainly above tree
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Local Transport: Day 3 to 6 – to be paid on the spot (approx.: CHF 9 pp per day)
- Accommodation: 3-star Hotels or Hostels / Breakfast. All hotels are small family-run, typically Swiss hotels with a warm welcome. All hotels used are of a 3 star standard and have private facilities.
- Return flights in economy class from major UK airport
- 7 overnights as per itinerary, breakfast
- Hikes and walks as per itinerary
- ALLROUND SERVICE including ‘Meet and Greet’ at the airport, tour briefing, transfer to start/end of trail, luggage transfer from hotel to hotel, compreshensive tour documentations, English speaking helpline and support throughout