The Via Albula/Bernina hiking route hugs the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Rhaetian Railway line from Thusis to Poschiavo, with views of the magnificent architecture and breathtaking landscapes. The contrast between manmade structures and the beauty of nature can be enjoyed on foot or by rail with your included rail card, with holidays available for 4 or 7 nights including Allround Service.
Fall in love with the beauty of
the Albula valley
Enjoy your picnic next to
the Bernina Express
Bernina Express, viaduct
Pure relaxation after your leisurely walk
Lago di Poschiavo
Old town charme in the very south of the Grison
Itinerary – Track the Bernina Express
Arrive in Zürich. Meet & greet at the airport and overnight stay in Zürich-Regensdorf.
Transfer to Bergün via Thusis. Crossing the railway multiple times, this hiking route is one of the most impressive in Switzerland, contrasting engineering masterpieces with natural wonders. Overnight in Bergün.
Depart on a picturesque journey over the Albulapass to Spinas; jump on a regional train from here to make the most of the surrounding landscapes. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day at leisure in St. Moritz. Enjoy this world famous resort and its stunning surroundings. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Your train journey gives you a taste of the Bernina line by rail, before you hike the Bernina Pass to Alp Grüm. Spend the night above the famous circular routes of the Bernina Express.
A leisurely walk takes you to the lovely Italian influenced Poschiavo/Le Prese, which you can explore in the afternoon. Overnight in Poschiavo/Le Prese/Li Curt.
A Mediterranean influenced rail journey takes you to Miralago, where you walk to the Italian town of Tirano (passport required). Overnight in Tirano.
Depart Tirano on regional trains and relax along the Bernina and Albula train lines to Thusis. Private minibus transfer back to Zürich or Zürich airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: Daily from 01 June to 15 October 2018
- Grade A-C: easy-challenging depending on use of rail
- Average Walking Time: depending on use of rail ticket
- Accommodation: Standard category (2-3-star)
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Terrain: Varying from high alpine to forest trails and along streams
- Return flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd class as per programme
- 7 nights’ accommodation in standard hotel category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Hikes and Walks as per itinerary
- Travel documentation
- ALLROUND Service comprising: Meet & Greet at airport
- Tour briefing
- Transfer at the start and end of the tour
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Comprehensive tour documentation
- English speaking helpline and support throughout