Discover the beauty and hidden treasures of Eastern Switzerland. Explore the mountain trails and valleys of the fascinating canton of Graubünden. Whether it is the rushing force of a mountain brook, the glistening mountain peaks or lush green pastures you are looking for, you will find it all on this exciting trip.
Itinerary Hiking Tour Graubünden
Air or rail travel to Switzerland. Transfer to Davos. Overnight in Davos.
Day 2 & 3
Explore the mountain resort of Davos and its surrounding valleys and mountains which offer walking and hiking opportunities for all levels. The included Davos/Klosters guest card will allow you to travel for free on all local mountain railways. Alternatively relax in the Spa centre of your 4-star hotel. Overnight in Davos.
Hike from Davos over the Strela Pass through the wild and romantic Sapün Valley to Arosa. The views and natural beauty are unique. Hiking time: 6h or 4h30 using cable car and train. Overnight in Arosa.
Explore the charming village with its two lakes great for boating and swimming on a hot day. Take advantage of the Arosa guest card to use local cable cars and gondolas for free giving easy access to a multitude of walks and hikes in the area. Overnight in Arosa.
There are several options today to shorten your walk depending on your ability. Walk or take the gondola to Hörnli at 2,513m / 8,240ft. Descent and cross the Valley Urdentäli. Ascent to Urdenfürggli and continue up to Rothorn Gipfel to take the cable car down to Scharmoin (middle station). From Scharmoin take the downhill path through forests to Lenzerheide. Hiking time: 6h or 3h30 using cable cars. Overnight in Lenzerheide.
Enjoy the facilities at your hotel, the pure nature around you, or be active and explore the walking and hiking paths in the area. Overnight in Lenzerheide.
Return journey to border or airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: 01 July – 07 October 2017
8 Days: Saturdays / 5 Days: Wednesdays & Fridays
High Season supplements apply: 07 July – 30 July 2017
Upgrade to 1st class
- Grade B: intermediate
- Average walking time: 1 – 6h
- Start / End: Davos / Lenzerheide
- Terrain: Partly high alpine above tree line, partly mountain slopes, forests
- Accommodation: 4-star Sunstar Hotels, centrally located and offer an extensive buffet breakfast in the morning and 4 course dinner with choice in the evenings. Free use of swimming pool and steam bath is included in all 3 hotels.
- The hotels in Arosa and Davos have additionally a wellness oasis offering various spa and beauty treatments, the supplements for which are payable locally.
- Return flights
- Airport taxes
- 7 nights accommodation with breakfast and dinner (4-course dinner)
- Free drinks from your room’s minibar
- 2nd class rail transfers from and to airport
- Half Fare Card
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Free use of swimming pool and steam bath
- Hhikes and walks as per itinerary
- Mountain railways and cable cars as per itinerary
- Detailed route notes and maps
- Welcome drink
- Comprehensive travel documentation