Against the beautiful setting of the Jungfrau massif, you hike on the legendary ‘Bear Trail’ along the impressive North face of the Eiger to the Rosenlaui glacier. And you can choose to walk whichever stretches you like, the cable cars in the area mean you can make short-cuts.
Swiss authenticity is awaiting you
On the footsteps of James Bond
A memorable hike will lead you to Grindelwald
Itinerary – Hiking Bernese Oberland
Air or rail travel to Switzerland. Transfer to Wengen.
A free day settle in and the opportunity for an optional excursion. (Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn).
Start your hiking programme on the cable car to the Männlichen. You will enjoy a fantastic panorama all along the path to the Kleine Scheidegg and the Salzegg and Mettlenstutzenhut. A downhill walk over alpine pastures brings you back to Grindelwald. Hiking time: 4h30. Overnight in Grindelwald.
Day 4 & Day 5
Free days. Explore the charming village or try one of the many walks suggested in your hiking documentation. We suggest hiking up to the Restaurant Milchbach, right next to the upper glacier. Continue to Pfingstegg. Via Halten the way takes you back to the charming glacier village. Hiking time 3h15. Overnight in Grindelwald.
You take the first gondola to First and walk on a scenic trail to the Grosse Scheidegg. From there the path leads downhill towards the Schwarzalp and Rosenlaui where you see spectacular waterfalls and narrow canyons. Further down you reach the famous Reichenbach falls and you can take the cable car on walk the last stretch to the village. Hiking time: 4h. Overnight in Meiringen.
A gondola gets you to the Mägisalp and from where you hike up to Planplatten. Stunning views in all directions await you. Via Reuti the way leads back down to Meiringen. Hiking time: 4h. Overnight in Meiringen.
Rail transfer to the border or airport.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: 03 June – 07 October 2017
8 Days: Saturdays / 5 Days: Wednesdays & Fridays
High Season supplements apply: 16 June– 20 August 2017
Upgrade to 1st class
- Grade A – B: easy – depending on use of public transport
- Average walking time: 4 – 6h
- Start / End: Wengen / Meiringen
- Terrain: Partly high alpine above and below tree line
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Accommodation: All hotels are centrally located and offer extensive buffet breakfast in the morning and 4-course dinner in the evenings. At the Sunstar hotels (Wengen & Grindelwald) free use of swimming pool and steam bath is included.
- Return flights in economy class from major UK airports, airport taxes
- 7/5 overnights as per itinerary, half-board (4-course dinner)
- 2nd class rail transfer from and to airport and half fare card
- Luggage transfers from hotel to hotel
- Hikes and walks as per itinerary
- Detailed route notes and maps
- Welcome drink
- Comprehensive travel documentation