This six day holiday offers a gentle introduction to hiking and cycling with luxurious accommodation and the ever popular landscape this region is so famous for all around. Cycle or hike along some of the best panorama routes and indulge at the end of the day in the varied first class facilities available at the 4-5-star hotels. End your day with fine food offered in form of 4-5 course gourmet dinners.
Views over Lake Thun, the
vineyards and Spiez castle
On the foot of the famous Eiger mountain
Breath-taking panorama in a car-free resort
Itinerary – Best of Bernese Oberland
Arrival in Switzerland. Meet & greet at the airport and transfer by minibus to the 5-star chaletstyle hotel Wellness & Spa Hotel Ermitage in Gstaad-Schönried. Tour briefing and welcome aperitif. In the evening 5-course dinner.
By e-bike mainly downhill through the wild and romantic Simmental valley to Spiez, on the shores of Lake Thun. Enjoy the unique garden surrounding the 4-star superior Hotel Eden or use its brand new Spa. In the evening relax over 4-course dinner and enjoy the views over Lake Thun.
Explore the picturesque town of Spiez or take a stroll through the vineyards to Spiez castle. In the afternoon the private boat MS Beatus II of your next hotel – the Wellness & Spa Hotel Beatus Merligen – awaits you for a trip across Lake Thun with aperitif and finger food on board. Enjoy the facilities of this beautiful hotel directly located on the shores of Lake Thun. 5-course gourmet dinner with choice and magnificent lake views.
After breakfast on the lakeside terrace continue by electric bike to Grindelwald at the foot of the famous Eiger mountain. With the electric bike the 700m altitude difference is easily overcome and the cycling time will be around 3h30. In the evening enjoy a 5-course gourmet dinner with choice at your 4-star superior Hotel Kirchbühl, well known for its excellent cuisine.
Enjoy this impressive and popular hike via the Eiger Ultra Trail to Wengen. A breath-taking panorama will accompany you along the way. In the car-free resort of Wengen relax in the Beausite Park Hotel’s sun terrace, garden or Spa area. A 5-course buffet dinner ends the day.
Transfer to the airport and return journey home.
From Prices per Person in £
Departures: 2 June – 30 September 2018
8 Days: Saturdays / 5 Days: Sundays
First Class 4-5* Hotels
- Grade A: easy
- Average walking time: 5-6h
- Accommodation: Ermitage Wellness & Spa Hotel, Schönried / Hotel Eden,
Spiez / Wellness & Spa Hotel Beatus, Merligen / Hotel Kirchbühl,
Grindelwald / Beausite Park Hotel, Wengen.
- Luggage Transfer: From hotel to hotel
- Equipment to bring: Rain / sun protection, personal items
- Return flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold luggage and all taxes
- 5 nights’ accommodation in first class accommodation • Daily breakfast and 4 or 5-course gourmet dinners
- Local taxes
- 2 Days Bike Hire
- Boat trip on Lake Thun
- Cycling & Hiking as per itinerary
- Travel documentation
- All Round Service comprising: Meet & Greet at airport
- Tour briefing
- Transfer at the start and end of the tour
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Comprehensive tour documentation
- Digital Swiss Coupon Pass
- English speaking helpline