TGV Lyria connects France with Switzerland. Whether travelling for business or leisure, TGV Lyria is your best option for a relaxing and enjoyable journey to Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne or Zurich.
What is TGV Lyria
TGV Lyria is known for the optimisation of a truly welcoming atmosphere recognised for their excellent services offered on board. Travellers are able to enjoy a cafe-bar serving drinks, snacks and a varied selection of fresh, delicious food . The trains run between France and Switzerland; holding the world speed record for rail vehicles since 2007, which specially modified engines reached a speed of 574.8 Km/h. On the route from Paris to Switzerland you can expect beautiful lush scenery over the hills of rural France the new Rhone-Rhine.
Different Class of Service
The TGV Lyria service offers three travel classes; to better meet the expectations of all passengers and provide the best travel experiences without compromise:
- Standard – a second class journey is suitable for those seeking the best value with an at-seat sales service on board.
- Standard 1ère – a first class journey offers services for those seeking comfort. Travellers can expect full access to the SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge at Paris Gare de Lyon, a welcome treat and an at-seat sales service whilst on board.
- Business 1ère – The business class experience offers a wide range of services that can be tailor-made to meet your needs throughout the journey. On-hand you can anticipate quite coaches with more leg room; perfect for relaxing or working in peace. Passengers are welcomed with full access to the SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge at Paris Gare de Lyon, hot towels, unlimited beverages, warm meal services on plate with international magazines and newspapers. You can also book a private driver service; available on-board for arrivals in Paris. The fare and pick-up fee is to be paid to the driver.
Salon SNFC Grand Voyageur Lounge
The Salon SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge offers travellers a warm welcome in a comfortable environment that has been designed for work and relaxation. TGV Lyria passengers can access the lounge upon presentation of a Bussiness1ère or Standard1ère ticket. All passenger can enter the lounge with a person of their choice. Before you head to Switzerland with TGV Lyria, you can enjoy various services including:
- Free Wi-Fi
- A desk and photocopier
- A free hot drink and a water fountain
- Facilities for charging your mobile phone
- The exchange of your day’s tickets at the counter
- French and international news via the France 24 TV channel
- Daily newspapers and magazines to read in the lounge or take away
Map of Route
TGV-Lyria high-speed trains from Paris Gare de Lyon to:
- Basel – 3 hours 03 minutes
- Zurich HB – 4 hours 03 minutes