Travel in spectacular fashion from Switzerland to Italy on the highest railway in the alps. You can choose to continue your journey by Bernina Express bus through Italy and past Lake Como to Lugano in Switzerland – from glaciers to palm trees!
Board the Bernina Express from Chur, Davos or St Moritz. Reservations are required in 1st and 2nd class carriages which offer great views from the panoramic carriages.
A minibar service offers tasty snacks and refreshing drinks during your journey. Take this trip as far as Tirano (Italy) as a return day excursion. Lunch is available in Poschiavo or Tirano. Choose to extend your journey by panoramic bus from Tirano, along the banks of Lake Como, to Lugano, for an overnight stay there.
Highlights of Bernina Express
- Depart from Chur, the oldest town in Switzerland, or Davos/ St Moritz – the famous alpine resorts
- The Albula line – this feat of engineering has UNESCO world heritage status
- Travel through Europe’s most densely populated area of castles
- The Landwasser viaduct – with its 65m high pillars
- The highest point of your journey is at Ospizio Bernina, 2,253 metres above sea level
- Views of the glaciers and mountains from Alp Gruem
- On the Montebello Curve, travellers will get a glimpse of Morteratsch glacier, Piz Palue and Piz Bernina as the train makes a 180 degrees turn. Picture perfect!
- The extended track of the Brusio Circular Viaduct makes it possible for the train to negotiate the change in altitude – this is the most spectacular construction on the line
- Arrive in Tirano and enjoy some delicious Italian cuisine
Impressions of Bernina Express
Bernina Express: Chur-Tirano. Alp Gruem, Poschiavo.
Bernina Express, Valley of Albula
Bernina Express Brusio Circular Viaduct.
Bernina Express Bus Lugano
// But we will show them here as this has no more children ?>
5 Days / 4 Nights
The Bernina Express connects palm trees to Alpine peaks on a journey with 55 tunnels, 196 bridges and steep inclines along the way
3 Days / 2 Nights
Experience the full length of the Bernina Express with this short break
5 Days / 4 Nights
A journey on the scenic routes of Glacier and Bernina Express between Zermatt and Lugano guarantees unforgettable memories
5 Days / 4 Nights
From Chur to Lucerne via Andermatt, discover the mythical Glacier and Bernina Express, as well as a cruise on Lake Lucerne
8 or 14 Days
Enjoy the very best of Switzerland on some of the most exciting scenic trains in Europe.
8 Days / 7 Nights
Discover the diverse regions and cultures of Switzerland on this 8-day tour
We offer flights from major and regional airports in the UK to Switzerland with a wide range of airlines. Prices for air travel fluctuate depending on airline, availability and departure airport. Flight prices are lower the earlier you book.
All our package prices are based on an average flight price and are return from the UK in economy class with 1 piece of luggage included. We also book hand-luggage only fares on request.
Your package price may be lower than the ‘from prices’. Our consultants will help you with the most attractive flight options from your nearest departure airport.
All our packages include return transfers by rail from any Swiss airport or border railway station. Trains are a very comfortable way to travel in winter. Some resorts can only be reached by train. We also offer private transfers by car or minibus. When travelling with a group of people or with a lot of luggage private transfers are a convenient alternative. If booking private transfers, rail tickets and half fare card are not included.