Ticino is famous for its mild and Mediterranean climate, perfect for a relaxing summer holiday with sunshine and blue skies. You can really feel the Italian influence as you wander the narrow lanes and alleyways leading to the piazzas and churches of the many picturesque villages.
Bellinzona, Ticino’s capital city, has a beautiful medieval town centre surrounded by three castles, whilst Ascona and Locarno located on the shores of Lago Maggiore, are notably more Italian in style. Lugano is the ‘business centre’ of the region and situated on the shores of Lake Lugano with easy access to Milan and a multitude of local excursions and experiences.
- Visit the beautiful lakeside promenade at Ascona
- Discover the history of Bellinzona’s three castles, all UNESCO protected
- Enjoy the colourful parks and gardens of this region from Parco Ciani to Parco Scherrer
- Take a dip in the crystal clear waters running through the Verzasca valley
- Use your complimentary Ticino Ticket (for overnight guests) providing free public transport and discounts on cable cars, boats and many attractions in the region.