Impressive and world famous mountains, crystal clear blue lakes, quaint mountain villages with richly decorated chalets – the Bernese Oberland is one of the most attractive and beautiful regions in Switzerland.
The picture postcard, car-free, Alpine resorts of Wengen or Mürren offer peace and tranquillity in magnificent surroundings whilst the livelier resort of Grindelwald is dominated by the Eiger Mountain.
Bustling Interlaken nestled between tow lakes, offers the best of ‘Lakes & Mountains’. Smaller but equally attractive resorts include Kandersteg and Adelboden which also have excellent connections to the Valais region.
Highlights Bernese Oberland
- Home to the highest railway station in Europe, Jungfraujoch
- Wander the cobbled streets in the UNESCO old city of Bern, Switzerland’s capital
- Be transported back in time at Ballenberg Open Air Museum
- Witness the Alpaufzug (cows climbing to the Alpine pastures) in Adelboden at the end of June
- Try one of the many adventure activities on offer in Interlaken from hang gliding to river rafting
- Hike the UNESCO protected Aletsch Glacier
- Journey up Schilthorn, the 007 James Bond mountain