Travelling by rail is the best way to explore Europe and experience all it has to offer with hundreds of high speed trains and an extensive railway network reaching thousands of destinations.
We can provide you with a comprehensive range of rail tickets and passes for both groups and individuals, not only in Switzerland but throughout Europe.
We offer tickets for Eurostar, SNCF French domestic and international trains, TGV Lyria, Thalys, German (DB), Italian (Trenitalia / NTV Italo) and Spanish (Renfe) rail. We are also able to provide tickets for routes across Scandinavia and Eastern Europe and for Night Trains (including CNL / EN). Furthermore, we can issue Interrail & Eurail passes along with seat reservations for pass-holders.
Eurostar services transport thousands of customers from London to the continent with daily services linking the UK with Paris, Lille and Brussels. There are also direct services to Disneyland Paris, Lyon and the South of France as well as a ski train travelling directly to the French Alps in the winter.
Reaching speeds of up to 200mph and with almost 20,000 miles of high speed lines the TGV is the best way to travel around France. Services link major cities as well as neighbouring countries.
TGV Lyria connects France with Switzerland. Whether travelling for business or leisure, TGV Lyria is your best option for a relaxing and enjoyable journey to Basel, Bern, Geneva, Lausanne or Zurich.
What is TGV Lyria
TGV Lyria is known for the optimisation of a truly welcoming atmosphere recognised for their excellent services offered on board. Travellers are able to enjoy a cafe-bar serving drinks, snacks and a varied selection of fresh, delicious food. The trains run between France and Switzerland; holding the world speed record for rail vehicles since 2007, which specially modified engines reached a speed of 574.8 Km/h. On the route from Paris to Switzerland you can expect beautiful lush scenery over the hills of rural France the new Rhone-Rhine.
Different Class of Service
The TGV Lyria service offers three travel classes; to better meet the expectations of all passengers and provide the best travel experiences without compromise:
- Standard – a second class journey is suitable for those seeking the best value with an at-seat sales service on board.
- Standard 1ère – a first class journey offers services for those seeking comfort. Travellers can expect full access to the SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge at Paris Gare de Lyon, a welcome treat and an at-seat sales service whilst on board.
- Business 1ère – The business class experience offers a wide range of services that can be tailor-made to meet your needs throughout the journey. On-hand you can anticipate quite coaches with more leg room; perfect for relaxing or working in peace. Passengers are welcomed with full access to the SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge at Paris Gare de Lyon, hot towels, unlimited beverages, warm meal services on plate with international magazines and newspapers. You can also book a private driver service; available on-board for arrivals in Paris. The fare and pick-up fee is to be paid to the driver.
Salon SNFC Grand Voyageur Lounge
The Salon SNCF Grand Voyageur lounge offers travellers a warm welcome in a comfortable environment that has been designed for work and relaxation. TGV Lyria passengers can access the lounge upon presentation of a Bussiness1ère or Standard1ère ticket. All passenger can enter the lounge with a person of their choice. Before you head to Switzerland with TGV Lyria, you can enjoy various services including:
- Free Wi-Fi
- A desk and photocopier
- A free hot drink and a water fountain
- Facilities for charging your mobile phone
- The exchange of your day’s tickets at the counter
- French and international news via the France 24 TV channel
- Daily newspapers and magazines to read in the lounge or take away
Map of Route
TGV-Lyria high-speed trains from Paris Gare de Lyon to:
- Basel – 3 hours 03 minutes
- Zurich HB – 4 hours 03 minutes
You can book through our Rail Department. Contact us by E-mail or Phone
Customers can travel between Paris and Brussels in just 1h22mins on Thalys services. With such a short travel time, it is no wonder that flights are not the top choice for travel between these two major European capital cities. Thalys services also provide links to Amsterdam, Cologne and other destinations.
As one of DB’s partners in the UK, STC can provide you with a wide range of products, including Spezial fares for travel from London to destinations in Germany from as little as €59 and for travel between a wide range of German and other European destinations from €39. Why not try us for your next trip to Germany?
Trenitalia are the Italian national operator with more than 150 trains reaching more than 200 stations every day. STC can offer both group and individual tickets on the exciting Frecciarossa, Frecciargento and Frecciabianca services as well as on regional routes.
NTV is Europe’s first private high-speed train operator. With fares starting from as little as €15 and routes linking major cities in Italy, NTV is fast becoming a major carrier in Italy. We can fulfil all of your ticketing needs quickly and efficiently.
With Renfe you can enjoy travel across the extensive Spanish network, including on the famous AVE high-speed line, running between major cities such as Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga and Valencia.
The Interrail Pass is available to European residents and allows unlimited rail travel in and between 30 European countries. It is available either as a Global or One Country Pass and grants holders free travel on regional and ordinary trains where seat reservations are not compulsory. High-speed and Inter-City services can be used upon payment of a supplement.
The Eurail Pass is applicable to non-European residents and is also available as either a Global or One Country option. With the Eurail Pass, customers can explore up to 28 European countries. As with the Interrail Pass, Eurail pass-holders can also travel on regional and ordinary services free of charge. Please contact us to make a reservation for high-speed and/or inter-city routes where supplements apply.
Ticket and Delivery options
We provide the following ticketing and delivery options:
- Paper Tickets
- Tickets on Departure (T.O.D)
- E-Tickets (Print @ Home)
- Ticketless (PNR only)
- Airport Collection (at Basel, Geneva and Zurich airport only)
- Courier Service (within London)
- Royal Mail 1st class and Special Delivery
- DHL Delivery (signature required)
Please note that not all ticketing solutions apply to all railways
All enquires will be dealt with from Monday to Friday between 9am – 6pm & Saturday 9 am – 1 pm.
Walk in customers can visit us in Central London in the heart of Covent Garden Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm.